TOP AWARD FOR CAREER CHANGER

Fitness Instructor Euthimia Spiridonidis is showing the power and possibilities of a career change by being honoured as Central Institute of Technology’s 2015 Student of the Year last night.

Euthimia (Meah), from Karrinyup, was presented with the title at Central’s annual award gala at the Empyrean in Northbridge.

The newly qualified fitness instructor began her working life as a change management and training consultant in the corporate world.

“After working in consulting it was clear that the type of work and environment was not suited to what I wanted to do and how I wanted to live my life. Health and fitness has always been an important area to me and realising that I could potentially build a career in the industry really inspired me to take on the challenge,” said Meah.

Euthimia in the gym she manages
Meah in the gym she manages

Her passion for the fitness industry comes down to her view that today’s society has lost the essential elements of what it is to be fit and healthy.

“We live in a world where we are predominantly sedentary; our lives are served up to us on screens and being active has been lost. The effect of this on individuals and their wellbeing is not only physically huge, but mentally is enormous and extends far beyond the individual,” explained Meah.

As part of her training, Meah was involved in a physical activity program with the Disability Services Commission and would like to do the same with similar initiatives.

“Volunteering my time to help in aged care and disability programs from a fitness perspective I believe would be very rewarding,” said Meah.

She is currently working at Central’s Vibe Gym where she applies her skills and knowledge gained from her studies.

“Long-term, I would like to have my own business offering health and wellness services, not only in regards to fitness but also nutrition and massage in order to provide a holistic service for the mind, body and soul of my clients.”

2 thoughts on “TOP AWARD FOR CAREER CHANGER”