Speed dating works for career counsellors

Central’s fourth, annual VET Breakfast on Friday was an information session with a difference. In an attempt to freshen up the event, this year featured a rapid circulation format, with Central’s Portfolio Managers moving from table to table sharing insights into their changing course offerings, in particular the pathways to higher education and VET courses.
Guest speaker was Central’s current student of the year Meah Spiridonidis, who detailed her story of transitioning from the corporate world to the fitness industry.
“I recommend a training pathway because of the practical and theoretical way it provides you with skills that mean you are job ready at the completion of your studies. I value my university education but believe my training at Central has been paramount in my success and enabling me to follow the right path”, said Meah.
The early start did not deter the 65 high school counsellors and principals in attendance. In fact, the event received very positive feedback in follow up surveys. The speed dating format was highly favoured and 100% of respondents said they would lock in a date with Central again.